Pages

Thursday 13 May 2021

My Sailing Experience

 On Monday 10th May, my class and I went  sailing at Okahu Bay. On my way  to school I was already feeling very nervous and excited at the same time. I cannot wait!



I woke up at 6 am to get ready for this event. I took a shower, ate breakfast, put on  swimming togs, long sleeve top, hoodie and sweatpants. Then at 8:0'clock I walked to school so I could get there before 8:30. Almost  everyone in my class had already arrived and eagerly waited for the bus. Sadly, the bus did not come on time because of the traffic. We were all worried that our trip might get cancelled so when the bus finally arrived we all jumped in  with excitement.

When we got there we were welcome by the sailing instructors. We were told to pick up a partner, before we set up the boat, the sailing instructors  explain about the water safety. After their speech my partner and I were setting up the boat. After morning tea we went to the bathroom to get change into our swimming togs. We also wore a life jacket. Now my partner and I were ready to sail!

We pulled the boat into the ocean and me and my partner jumped in. I was having fun with my friend. But I did almost drown because there was a lot of water. 

We took a class photo on the way home so we could remember our fun day.

I would like to thank and very grateful to  the St Johns Rotary & Yachting NZ sponsorship.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.